1. Don’t sweat the small stuff – It has been said over and over but it is so very true. Make yourself a priority. You’re better off going to the gym than arguing over uncombed hair.
2. Every day do something for you. A cup of tea, a chat with a friend, or a good book. None of this has to take hours but a few minutes of guilty pleasure will reset your day for success.
3. Your business is yours and yours alone. Silence out those naysayers, know it all’s, and people with opinions to dull your shine. Life is way too short. It is their issue, not yours.
4. Every day you should have healthy habits that you do just like brushing your teeth. The healthier you are, the more energized and the more inspiration you can pass on to others.
5. Sleep like a queen and wake up ready for your day. If you feel like you need a pitchfork to get you out of bed, then your nighttime rituals need a good revision.
6. Enjoy your day and smile. Adults are said to laugh 15 times a day and children 400. We are in charge of designing our lives. Redesign your perfect day and create a plan to get there.
7. Create a team effort in the family. As you are making your plan be sure to delegate. Everyone should pitch in somehow some way. Chore carts can be your friend.
8. Surround yourself with a support network of friends. As women we need our girls to vent, solve world peace, or simply as an escape. Make appointments to meet you keep.
9. Trust in your family. Many times we are too proud or too scared to ask for assistance. Ask for help when you need it. You may be able to receive a few minutes of blessed downtime.
10. Enjoy the moments, ignore the phone. Be present to your kids’ thoughts, comments, and funny innuendos. These are the times you will treasure, and they will treasure as well.